Upcoming readings and events
- Featured reading with Cornelius Eady, Indigo Moor, and George Higgins. Cave Canem at Litcrawl (Litquake). Cafe du Nord, SF. October 18, 2019, 8-10pm.
- Featured reading with Celeste Chan, Domenica Phettaplace, Kirin Khan, and Sara Marinelli. Hazel Reading Series. Litcrawl (Litquake). The Woods. 910 Valencia Street. SF. October 19, 2019. 6:30-7:30pm.
- Featured reading with Malcolm Friend and Olivia Peña. Adobe Books. 3130 24th Street. SF. November 16, 2019. 7-9pm
- Panel at Dominican University on Narrative Medicine. January 14, 2020.
- Featured reading at The Beat Museum (curated by Lauren Ito). SF. February 6, 2020.
- Featured reading with Stephen Powers and Thomas Lynch. Salmon Poets reading. Oh La La. Ennistymon, Ireland. March 15, 2019.
- Featured reading as part of WomenScream! International reading series. Ó Bheál. Cork, Ireland. March 18, 2019.
- Pan-Latinx Solidarity reading at the Associated Writers and Writing Programs Conference. Portland, Oregon. March 27, 2019.
- A Dozen Nothing reading. Music Millennium. Portland, Oregon. March 28, 2019.
- CantoMundo reading. Floyd’s Old Town Coffee and Tea. March 29, 2019.
- Featured reading. Words of Resilience. Oakland Public Library. April 25, 2019.
- Featured reading. Tongues on Fires reading series curated by Phyllis Oscar. May 11, 2019.
- Featured reading, Loteria series curated by MK Chavez. Institute of Advanced Uncertainty. May 12, 2019.
- Featured reading. Lone Glen reading series. Temescal Arts Center. May 17, 2019.
- Featured reading. Litquake Tuesdays reading series curated by Baruch Porras-Hernández. Yerba Buena Garden Center and Litquake. August 13, 2019.
- Featured reading. Get Lit reading series. Ale Industries. Oakland, CA. August 20, 2019.
- Featured reading with Jane Hirschfeld. Writers for Migrant Justice national reading series. Dominican University. September 4, 2019.
- Featured reading. Against gun violence. Oakland, CA. September 21, 2019.
1. Featured reading and workshop at Sacramento Poetry Center Conference. Sacramento, CA. April 28, 2018.
2. Featured reading. Bazaar Café. San Francisco, CA. May 6, 2018.
3. Featured reading. Digital Lit Garden. Oakland, CA. June 23, 2018.
4. Featured reading. The Bookmark. Oakland. September 5, 2018. 7-9pm.
5. Featured reading. Grito de Lares Reading and Fundraiser for Puerto Rico. La Peña Cultural Center. Berkeley, CA. September 22, 2018. 7-9pm
6. Featured reading with David Dominguez. CORE Winery Tasting Room. Orcutt, CA. October 13, 2018. 7:30-9:30pm.
4. Featured Poetry Flash reading with Michael McLaughlin, Diesel Books, Oakland. February 19, 2017.
5. Featured poetry reading, respective of David Hammons with Tongo Eisen-Martin, The Wattis Institute of Contemporary Art, 360 Kansas St., San Francisco. February 21, 2017.
6. Featured reading as part of the Hazel Reading Series at The Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts, 2868 Mission Street. March 2, 2017.
7. Featured reading with Barbara Curiel Brinson at The Sanctuary, Arcata, CA. March 5, 2017.
8. Featured reading at Humboldt State University as guest of the Critical Race, Gender, and Sexuality Studies program. March 6, 2017.
9. Featured reading at ProArts Gallery with Arisa White, Lyndsey Ellis, Nazelah L. Jamison and moderated by Rochelle Spencer, 2301 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA. March 9, 2017.
10. Featured reading at Borderlands Lectura with Marguerite Muñoz, M. K. Chavez, Corina Corina, Lucha Corpi, and Roberto Lovato, Alley Cat Books, San Francisco, CA. March 16, 2017.
11. Featured reading at Berkeley Art Museum of ekphrasis poetry March 18, 2017.
12. Featured reading with Sabrina Nguyen and Anna Thielen at Africa, the Continent program. Saint Mary’s College of California Library, Moraga, CA. March 20, 2017.
13. April 3, Elbo Room, 647 Valencia St., Vitriol 3 book release
14. Writing Forward Reading Series at Santa Clara University with a visit to the Advanced Poetry class (12pm) and reading (5pm, St. Clare Room). April 20, 2017.
15. Featured reading, 100 Days of Action reading, Clarion Alley. San Francisco, CA. April 29, 2017.
16. Featured reading with Jasminne Mendez. Grand Central Arts Center. Santa Ana, CA. June 8, 2017.
17. Featured reading with Tongo Eisen-Martin and James Cagney. Alley Cat Books. June 11, 2017.
18. Featured reading as a part of a Museum of the African Diaspora and Cave Canem collaboration. San Francisco, CA. July 20, 2017.
19. Featured reading as a part of group reading Museum of the African Diaspora and Cave Canem collaboration. San Francisco, CA. August 17, 2017.
20. Featured reading with Torch. Austin, Texas. August 6, 2017.
21. Featured reading, Museum of African Diaspora and Cave Canem poets respond to The Ease of Fiction in the Community Voices programming. Featured poet with Arisa White, Indigo Moor, Shia Shabazz, Charif Shanahan, devorah major, Marvin Whive, Alyss Dixson, James Cagney and George Higgins. August 17, 2017.
22. Featured reading with Liminal at the Oakland Beast Lit Crawl, Oakland, CA. September 2, 2017.
23. Featured reading with Poetry in Parks and Quiet Lightning. Candlestick Point SRA. September 9, 2017.
24. Featured reading with 3.9 Collective at the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco. September 17, 2017.
25. Featured reading with Philip Harris at Nomadic Press, Oakland, CA. September 22, 2017.
26. Featured reading with Tongo Eisen-Martin for the release of his book, Heaven is All Goodbyes. Pegasus Bookstore. Berkeley, CA. September 28, 2017.
27. Featured reading , Litquake reading, curated by Brynn Saito. San Francisco, CA. October 10, 2017.
28. Featured reading. Woolsey Street reading with René Vaz, Philip Harris, Cassandra Dallett, and Christine No. Berkeley, CA. November 18, 2017.
29. Featured reading with Tongo Eisen-Martin. Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive. December 1, 2017.
30. Featured reading at InsideStorytime. Martuni’s. San Francisco, CA. December 7, 2017.
1. Bloody Mary Series. Alley Cat Books. San Francisco. CA. January 21, 2016.
2. Get Lit. Ale Industries. Oakland, CA. February 16, 2016.
3. Launch for Remembering the Days that Breathed Pink, Green Apple Books – 9th Avenue. San Francisco, CA. March 11, 2016.
4. Featured with Nick Cuzzi, Simon Neely, Jessica Wickens, Adobe Bookshop, San Francisco, CA. March 6, 2016.
5. Annual Calendar Party, East End United Community Center, Uniontown, PA. March 19, 2016.
6. Featured with Paul Casey. Pegasus Books. Berkeley, CA. April 5, 2016.
7. Featured with Tongo Eisen-Martin, Peter Kline, and Indiana Pehlivanova. Poetry at 728, San Francisco, CA. April 9, 2016.
8. Featured with Tereza Joy Kramer and Abbigail Baldys. Cleave: Bay Area Womxn Writers. Octopus Literary Salon. April 15, 2016.
9. Lyrics & Dirges. San Francisco Write This Minute Literary Festival, San Francisco, CA. April 23, 2016.
10. Featured with Katie Walker, Andrea Murphy, Siavash Saadlou, Andrew Hamiltion. Spring Symposium. Saint Mary’s College of California. Moraga, CA. April 27, 2016.
11. Nomadic Press. Oakland, CA. May 13, 2016.
12. 14th Annual Berkeley Poetry Festival, Berkeley City College, Berkeley, CA. May 14, 2016
13. Featured with Judy Halebsky. Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA. May 17, 2016.
14. Featured with Kevin Kvist Peters, Arisa White, and Annelyse Gelman. Adobe Books. San Francisco, CA. June 6, 2016.
15. Featured with Arisa White, Indigo Moor, and Alyss Dixon. University Press Books. Berkeley, CA. June 8, 2016.
16. Orinda Books release, Remembering the Days that Breathed Pink, Orinda, CA. June 10, 2016.
17. Featured with MK. Chavez, Josiah Flores. Pan Dulce Poets. La Reyna Bakery. San Francisco, CA. Jingle Town series. César Chavez Library. Fruitvale, Oakland, CA. June 18, 2016.
18. CantoMundo. Austin, TX. July 21-24, 2016.
19. Nuestra Palabra Series on the Air, KBFT with Lupe Mendez and Javier Zamora, Houston, TX. July 25, 2016
20. Tinteros at NPrint, Houston, CA. July 2016.
21. Nomadic Press Chapbook Release party of profeta withour refuge, Oakland, CA, September 23, 2016
22. Oakland Crossroads Reading, Studio Grand. Oakland, CA. September 27, 2016.
23. Mill Valley Litquake “Poetry World Series”. Make-Out Room. San Francisco, CA. October 12, 2016.
24. Featured reading at The Liminal Center. Oakland, CA. October 29, 2016.
25. Featured reading at The LitMus Salon. November 12, 2016.
26. Featured reader, 4th Ó Bhéal Winter Warmer Festival of Poetry. Cork, Ireland and Workshop Leader with Working Artist Studios in Skibereen, Ireland. November 24-28, 2016.
27. Featured reader with Simon Phillips, Donald Quist, and David Olimpio. Adobe Books. San Francisco, CA. December 18, 2016.
28. Featured reader in a respective of David Hammond with Tongo Eisen-Martin, The Wattis Institute of Contemporary Art. San Francisco, CA. February 21, 2017.
29. Featured reader in the Writing Forward Reading Series at Santa Clara University with an Advanced Poetry workshop and reading. Santa Clara University. Santa Clara, CA. April 20, 2017.
30. Under the Influence. The Emerald Tablet. San Francisco, CA. January 15, 2015.
31. InsideStoryTime: Prophecy, La Movida, San Francisco. January 20, 2015.
32. La Palabra at Avenue 50 Studio. Los Angeles, CA. February 28, 2015.
33. Lunada, Galería de la Raza, Mission, San Francisco, CA. March 5, 2015.
34. No Justice, No Service: The Bay Area Art and Education Justice Festival, The Lab, San Francisco, CA. March 8, 2015.
35. Eleven Eleven release. Jered’s Pottery. Berkeley, CA. March 8, 2015.
36. “Live from the Worm” curated by Michael McLaughlin at The Bookworm Bookstore in Santa Maria, CA. March 14, 2015.
37. Eighth Annual Tahoe Poetry Slam, Sierra Nevada College, Patterson Hall, Incline Village, NV. April 24, 2015.
38. Unity Church. Walnut Creek, Ca. May 3, 2015.
39. Featured with Aimee Suzara, Ploy Pirapokin, Dottie Payne, Katya Bitar, and Sandra García Rivera. Flor y Canto reading. Artillery Art Gallery. San Francisco, CA. May 14, 2015.
40. Featured with Amalia Alvarez and Francisco Alarcón. Celebration of Federico García Lorca reading. Alley Cat Books, San Francisco. June 5, 2015.
41. University Press Books and OmniVerse. hosted by Peter Burghardt. Berkeley, CA. June 14, 2015.
42. Crosstalk, Color, Composition Conference (Formerly the Berkeley Poetry Conference). June 14, 2015.
43. Featured with Jesús Castillo, Jayinee Basu, and Mauro Javier Cardenas, Quiet Lightning’s Chemical Wedding, San Francisco, CA. June 14, 2015.
44. Lyrics & Dirges. Pegasus Books. Berkeley, CA. July 15, 2015.
45. Galería de la Raza in celebration of the Leticia Hernandez Linares. San Francisco, CA. November 15, 2015.
46. Nuestra Palabra on the Air, KBFT, Houston, TX, hosted by Lupe Méndez. December 8, 2015.
47. Fourteen Hills, San Francisco, CA. December 15, 2015.
48. Featured with Jane Gregory and Joseph Bradshaw. Studio One, Oakland, CA. February 7, 2014.
49. Hazel Reading Series. San Francisco, CA. February 9, 2014.
50. Salmon Poetry reading. Kirkland Room. Sheraton Hotel. Seattle, WA. February 28, 2014.
51. Reading and Panelist. CantoMundo. Associated Writing Programs Conference, Seattle, WA. March 1, 2014.
52. Featured with Bonafide Rojas and Fish Vargas. Red Poppy Art House. San Francisco, CA. March 6, 2014.
53. Featured with Sandra Harrison Kay. Towne Center Books. Pleasanton, CA. March 10, 2014.
54. Featured with Brenda Hillman, Alexandra Mattraw, Kevin Simmonds, Sara Mumolo. Saint Mary’s College of California, Moraga, CA. April 2, 2014.
55. Featured with Shane Book, Edward Garcia, Patrick Rosal, F. Omar Telan, Rich Villar, and Yolanda Wisher. Big Blue Marble Books. Philadelphia, PA. April 5, 2014.
56. LouderArts. Bar13. New York City, NY. April 7, 2014.
57. Featured with Kevin Simmonds and Alexandra Mattraw. City Lights Bookstore. San Francisco, CA. April 9, 2014.
58. Featured with Erica Lewis, Alexandra Mattraw and Valerie Witte. Pegasus Bookstore. Berkeley, CA. April 9, 2014.
59. Featured with Lenard D. Moore and Sheila Smith McKoy. Bullshead Bookstore. University of North Carolina. Chapel Hill, NC. April 16, 2014.
60. Featured with Lenard D. Moore and Sheila Smith McKoy. Quail Ridge Bookstore. Raleigh, NC. April 17, 2014.
61. Featured with Eddie Bell, Ed Madden and Grace Ocasio. Ed’s Editions. Columbia, SC. April 18, 2014.
62. Featured with TJ Jarrett and Daniel Redman. Kevin Simmonds book release. Fort Mason Bookstore. San Francisco, CA. April 19, 2014.
63. Featured with Willie Perdomo, Patricia Smith and Sandra Garcia Rivera. Curated by Fish Vargas. Brower Center. Berkeley, CA. June 29, 2014.
64. Jazz Verse Jukebox. London, England. July 13, 2014.
65. More Poetry. London England. July 14, 2014.
66. Paris Lit Up. Paris, France. July 17, 2014.
67. Ó Bhéal series. Cork, Ireland. www.obheal.ie. July 28, 2014.
68. On the Nail series. The Loft Venue. The Locke Bar. Georges Quay. Limerick, Ireland. August 5, 2014.
69. Slamazón. The Redwood Café in Cotati, CA. August 26, 2014.
70. Featured with Shane Book and Lamont Steptoe. Moonstone Poetry. Brandywine Workshop. Philadelphia, PA. September 29, 2014.
71. Voz Sin Tinta. Alley Cat Books. San Francisco, CA. October 9, 2014.
72. Featured with Oscar Bermeo, Tatyana S. Brown, Rosa Cabrera. Litquake Acentos West: The Intersection reading. Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts. San Francisco, CA. October 18, 2014.
73. Featured with Elizabeth Rosner, Rashaan Alexis Meneses, Annelyse Gelman, and Judy Halebsky. Orinda Books. Orinda, CA. November 14, 2014.
74. Barkin Dog Grill reading series, Modesto. CA. December 9, 2014.
77. Featured with Alexandra Mattraw and Jessica Wickens. Bird and Beckett. San Francisco, CA. June 16, 2013.
78. Boogeyman Dawn. 9 on the Ninth. Washington DC. August 9, 2013.
79. Yerba Buena Gardens Festival and Litquake. San Francisco, CA. August 20, 2013.
80. Featured with Alexandra Mattraw, Della Watson, and Jessica Wickens. Green Apple Books. San Francisco, CA. August 22, 2013.
81. Marcus Books. Lit Quake. San Francisco, CA. October 13, 2013.
82. Featured with Blas Falconer, John Murillo, and Maria Melendez. Letras Latinas series. University of Notre Dame. Notre Dame, IN. October 30, 2013.
83. East End United Community Center. Uniontown, PA. November 26, 2013.
84. Opening for “The Suppression of Sound” with Thomas Sayers Ellis & James Brandon Lewis. Red Poppy Art House. San Francisco, CA. November 26, 2013.
85. Mission Arts Performance Project. The Mission. San Francisco, CA. December 7, 2013.
86. Fort Mason Reading Series. Curated by Jack Hirschman. Fort Mason, San Francisco, CA. December 26, 2013.
87. First Wednesday Reading series. Reedley College. Reedley, CA. March 7, 2012.
88. Poetry reading and workshop. Ranco Cielo. Salinas, CA. May 3, 2012.
89. Canto Mundo Poetry Reading. University of Texas – Austin. Austin, TX. July 14, 2012.
90. CantoMundo. Litquake: San Francisco’s Literary Festival. October 13, 2012.
2006 – 2011
91. Poetry reading from Canticle of Idols, Palabra Pura Reading series. Notre Dame University. Chicago, IL. July 21, 2011.
92. Canticle of Idols Author Talk. University of Georgia-Atlanta. February 2010.
93. Annual Poetry Month reading series. Robin’s Bookstore. Philadelphia, PA. April 11, 2010.
94. Emerging Writers Reading series. New York University Cave Canem. New York City, NY. April 16, 2010.
95. Poetry reading. Ragdale, Lake Forest, IL. October 19, 2010.
96. Featured with DeLana Dameron. Busboys and Poets. Washington, DC. April 9, 2009.
97. The Acentos Review Annual Reading. Bowery Poetry Club. New York, NY. August 2, 2009
98. Intersections. The Charles Sumner School Museum & Archives. Washington, DC. August 2009.
99. Jazz Verse Jukebox. London, England. September 13, 2009.
100. Hunter College and Acentos Foundation reading. February 3, 2008.
101. Zora Festival. Eatonville, FL. January 26, 2007.
102. “Juan Bobo: Subversive Folk Tale or Return of Sambo?”. New Jersey College English Association. Cranford, NJ. March 18, 2006.
103. Festival of the Book. Charlottesville, VA. March 24, 2006.
104. Helena Festival of the Book. Montana. October 11, 2006.