So I’m doing pretty well for my list of tasks for Spring Break, but I’m not done some of the major ones, which worries me. I really need to finish my Seminar tasks and my tasks for AWP by tomorrow. Some of the poetry ones I can do on my flight home or on Sunday, but I need to get a lot more done before that.
Write my lesson plans for the next two weeks of SeminarDecided to just do the plans for the next week. I’ll get two weeks ahead again after I do the grading of papers. Write my lesson plans for the next two weeks of TL1
- Grade for Seminar (all 20 papers by [Wednesday; had to change it from Sunday])
- Read a few books in preparation for writing remarks for AWP
- Write my remarks for AWP
Read a few books in prep for Contemporary Poetry Class: Digest by Gregory Pardlo and Ohio Railroads by C.S. Giscombe
- Write some initial remarks and thoughts for the first class I’m supposed to be co-leading in a few weeks.
Decide what book I’m going to review for my Contemporary Poetry Class. (I think I’m going to focus on Paul Casey’s new book)Virtual Tides by Paul Casey
- Write poems for the upcoming packet for Workshop. I’m turning in a number of things for April 13, which means I need to really have it done by April 6.
- Rework some of the poems for my thesis. Look through what I’ve written and bring in those orphaned poems, if possible.
- Identify some places to send poems, residencies, and possible visiting professorships.
- Get applications together for residencies and visiting professorships.
Set up landscaping for the house.Still working on this. Follow up on my upcoming Cuba trip. Communicate with Daraja about plans for this course I just got approved. Communicate with travel agencies to secure a particular pricing for travel. Review the documents for Jan Term recruitment and information sharing practices.I need to gather those documents together and create some for the students. Review my AWP schedule to make sure that I have time to work. Reach out to my sub for the last week of March to let him know about my process for tracking participation, agenda structure, the roles of the student leader in leading the class, and general structures in the class.
- Help out my sister after her recent surgery.
Prepare for and do a reading in Uniontown. Prepare for and possibly do a workshop and host an open mic in Uniontown on Tuesday.This was canceled because of the lack of sign ups. Watch court shows and relax.