A few days ago I developed a daunting list of tasks meant to be accomplished this summer. Here’s where I stand:
- Read for the article on bullying: Read 10 articles, received summaries from my writing partner, coded the data, ran a few analyses. I’m ready to do the writing.
- Write the autoethnography article on a professor’s first year: I finished a solid first draft yesterday using descriptive statistics based on an analysis of a calendar. Kind of nifty. I’m having it proofread right now.
- Submit a university support grant proposal for the workshop at NCTE (Digital Storytelling in November): I submitted this on Monday.
- Work with my colleague to develop the agendas and take away materials for the Digital storytelling workshop: I developed a rudimentary agenda but I have received no feedback from my colleague. I am beginning to think that I may be leading this workshop alone, which is a bit frightening.
- Submit at least 10 poems to journals: I’m planning on doing this in two weeks. I have more than enough work with me to submit. It’s just a matter of finding a desktop computer to do it … well a desktop computer that won’t frustrate me with its lack of speed.
- Research institutional grants for River of Words: I’ll be doing this when I get back to Philadelphia in two weeks.
Conference/Workshop list for 2012-2013: Asilomar (September – D – $500 – PRESENTER), Center for Digital Storytelling (October – C – $900 – WORKSHOP PARTICIPANT), Dodge Poetry Festival (October – Personal – $500 – VIEWER. This conference may be cut), NCTE (November – C – $1000 – PRESENTER), AWP (February/March – D and C – $1000 – Attendance only if I am a PRESENTER), AERA (March/April – D – $500 – attendance only some days if not a PRESENTER), Framingham University in Naples (June and August – Personal – $4000)
This year I will be applying for departmental and college support to attend 6 conferences/workshops (possibly less) throughout the academic year, attempting to receive between $2400 and $3900 in institutional funding. I may add a 7th conference if I receive CATE funding. I would attend that conference in the Spring for the next two years. It’s already looking to be an active year.